It seems Chris and Ming-Lan asked some fellow why he saw fruit from his outreach and they didn’t. His response was, “You don’t have a structure to support what you want.” This statement rang with me, because when it comes to home group multiplication, Kay & I have observed that:
- structure does not cause growth, but
- lack of structure impedes growth.
Could the same be true of evangelism? Ming-Lan described 3 stages:
- Casting your net. Events, picnics, activities open to anyone. Large.
- Groups for non-Christians to discuss spiritual things. Small.
- Discipling those who are interested in following Jesus. 1-to-1.
I see this as structuring what you do according to where people are along the Engel Scale. I’ll continue this later…