Things look different here, eh? Blogging has changed over the years, and I’ve been experiencing WordPress envy. I’m proud to roll out the biggest change since moving this blog from Blogger to TypePad in the summer of ’93: Blog One Another now runs on my own server, on WordPress, woot woot!
Why am I excited? Because everything has changed underneath. I plopped down some money for a hosting service (Dreamhost) and a WordPress theme (Standard Theme), and spent a chunk of time moving everything over from TypePad. You’ll experience a number of improvements, including:
- Speed: Pages load quickly. And I mean super-fast!
- Comment avatars: Just sign up at Gravatar, and your smiling face will make your comments more fun!
- Comment threading: Now more than a single level of replies! The threads of conversation will be clearer going forward.
- Comment subscriptions: No more need to check back manually! Just click the checkbox when you add a comment, and you’ll be notified when anyone adds something new.
- Easy sharing: Buttons float along the left side of each post. This makes it easy to share a post on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
I want you to get the most out of the new setup! Here are things you can do to maximize your experience: Continue Reading…