Kay’s dad died yesterday morning. That’s a topic that deserves a separate posting. But it means Kay headed south, leaving me as Mr. Mom and sole driver.
Today I left work today at 2:00, walking out of a meeting. “You’re coming back, right?” the director asked me. “Oh, no, I’ll be driving for hours,” I replied.
From there, I
- picked up Trevor from high school and dropped him at home
- picked up Erin from school and dropped her at home
- returned to school for the second half of Shelly’s soccer game, then took her home
- did the lazy dad dinner of picking up pizza
- took Erin back to school for a musical event, then brought her home
So not counting this morning (when I had to recruit help to get them to two schools at roughly the same time), I did three hours of driving this afternoon alone.