This Saturday night (March 27th) at 8:30 p.m. local time, it’s Earth Hour — time to switch off the lights for one hour. The point, of course, is to raise our awareness of something we take for granted. Our family took part in this last year, and it was a lot of fun!
- Light a cozy room in your house with safety candles, and turn off the lights.
- Don’t stop there — turn off your TV, your computers. And your gadgets, if you dare!
- Everyone in your household will be attracted to that one room.
- Try to read a book by candlelight. Hey, our ancestors did.
- Play cards. Dig out a board game. Play an acoustic musical instrument. Tell stories.
- Step outside and see if your neighborhood looks any different.
And in the days that follow, see if you notice any difference in your awareness and use of energy and other resources.
Share your Earth Hour experience in the comments…