If you live in the S.F. bay area, and… (any of the following):
- have read The Shaping of Things to Come (Innovation and Mission for the 21st-Century Church), or
- have read Exiles (Living Missionally in a Post-Christian Culture), or
- follow the blogs of people involved in the Forge Mission Training Network (like Hamo and Hirsch), or
- listened to any audio of Michael Frost teaching (online or at my learning party last year), or
- care about changing the church from attractional (“come to our world”) to missional (“we go to their world”), or
- are interested in applying classic missionary thinking to contemporary USAmerican culture
then set aside Tuesday, August 14th. There’s going to be a gathering somewhere in San Francisco. Michael Frost will be there to lead our conversation. The plan is to gather again in September with San Francisco missionary Mark Scandrette (who was at Soliton ’05), then once more in October with Michael Frost.
The August conversation is scheduled from 9:00 a.m. through 3:00 p.m. Bring lunch money, and cash to help Frosty defray his expenses ($20 suggested). “Very low key and organic. This would be a great conversation for inviting the missional as well as the novice to the subject.” I intend to be there. How about you? Leave a comment!