It all started simply enough:
Andrew Jones wrote a Leadership Journal post, 9 Reasons NOT to Plant a Church in 2012.
Dave Jacobs replied with My Patellar Reflex to Andrew Jones’ “9 reasons NOT to plant churches.”
Their exchange about the value of starting new churches kicked my thoughts into motion.
I was going to post a comment on Dave’s blog, but it got too long. So I started to write a post here. But it got too long, as well! (I’m working on taming the length of my posts.) So I thought, “OK, I’ll make it a two-parter.” I wrote part two. But I still hadn’t finished what I want to say.
God is stirring, and I’m starting to bubble
Evidently, God is stirring me again. It’s not just coming from my blogging friends; they were just an important kick. I feel like I’m entering a new season:
- Kay experienced spiritual growth in a sudden, unexpected burst.
- I had my own encounter with God.
- I started blogging here again. There’s something about trying to put my thoughts into semi-coherent words that forces me to wrestle through those thoughts.
- Prayer is a lot easier now.
- I’ve started reading Sacrilege: Finding Life in the Unorthodox Ways of Jesus by Hugh Halter.
So I’ll share what’s starting to bubble through a short series: