My friend Dave Jacobs operates a valuable ministry called Small Church Pastor. Basically, he’s coaching pastors of small churches — not so much in how to do this or that, but focusing on their own spirituality, their personal walk with God. Who pastors the pastor? Dave does! I hope you will take the time to read this, learn from it, and pray about it supporting it.
Sponsor a Pastor in 2010
A Message From Dave Jacobs
Pastors of smaller churches have one of the hardest jobs in America.
Often overworked, underappreciated and underpaid, these faithful servants of God long for a friend, encouragement, validation and resources to help them minister to the members of their congregations. For only $50 a month you can sponsor a pastor, providing them with coaching and resources that work in a smaller church.
Did you know that various studies and surveys of pastors revealed that:
- 80% believed pastoral ministry affected their families negatively.
- 50% felt themselves unable to meet the needs of the job.
- 90% felt inadequately trained to cope with ministry demands.
- 70% said they have lower self esteem now compared to when they started in ministry.
- 12% of ministers reported that they were depressed often or always in their ministry.
- 70% did not have someone they consider a close friend.
- 33% had considered leaving the ministry.
- 90% said their Bible School/Seminary Training did not prepare them for what they face day-to-day in the church.
- 50% of those who begin in the ministry leave their first pastorate in less than 5 years, never to return to ministry though they felt called.
“Every study we have done shows that church leaders will do a better job leading their church to health if they have a coach who comes alongside to encourage them, ask questions, offer resources and hold them accountable.” —ChurchSmart Resources
Will you help them? For $50 a month you can sponsor a pastor and give them coaching and resources. There is not a week go by that I don’t hear from a pastor, either by phone or email, telling me the difference coaching has made in their life. You can make this happen. Contact me today and tell me you want to help a pastor in 2010. I’ll get back to you immediately with details on how to get started.
Thanks for your time,